Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hannah's Writings


So, I've actually been meaning to write about Hannah and her reading and writing skills that she's doing so AWESOME with!! We were at the doctor's office about 2 months ago. She was playing with a toy in the waiting room that had a bunch of buttons on it with pictures to each one, and then one that was the on/off button. I watched her as she looked at a few of the buttons with pictures, and then got to the on/off button, and slowly sounded out loud, "o-n, "o-f-f", repeated them faster, and then just saw her face light up as she understood what she just read, and then turned the toy on. Although they are very simple words, and she has been books with simple sentences for 6 months now, I was just so proud to see her use her reading in real life!

She loves to draw pictures and write notes to people all the time. I am always so amazed at the fact that she can spell and write words, and even sentences. I know it all comes with age, but she still seems like my little baby! It makes me so happy to see what a bright and intelligent little girl she is.

3 comments:

heather said...

That is awesome that she is starting to want to read. So cool.
Also, love her drawing. She is really good.

Bonnie said...

All of your girls are so beautiful! I hope you are doing well Angela & the baby is feeling better.

Bon :)

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a smartie! Wow, we are getting old! haha!