Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

In Loving Memory of Monster

Last night our cat, Monster was hit by a car. A neighbor saw it happen and came to tell us that our cat was injured. I found Monster hiding in the bushes of another neighbor's yard. When I picked her up I could hear that she had fluid in her lungs. We called the vet right away, but he said we needed to take her to the emergency animal hospital. We got in the car and as we were driving her to the hospital she died in my arms. Hannah was so concerned about Monster and kept saying, "But I love Monster". It was so sad.

Monster's real name was Josie, which she was named by my sister-in-law, Brie. She gave her to us and we called her Monster because everyone that saw her said she looked scary like a monster. (I used to have some pictures, but when my external hard drive crashed, all my pictures were gone forever).

Monster was such a good cat. She let the girls cary her around and never once scratched them. She hated our dog, but I think she was starting to warm up to her. I noticed that she started to provoke Cleo and would try to get the dog to chase her. She recently found that she loved to take naps on Hannah's bed.

We loved Monster and she will be missed.

4 comments:

The Jimenez's said...

Ang! I am sorry about Monster. I hope you and your girls are coping ok. What a rough way to end your birthday. I hope the rest of your day was great.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I am so sorry about Monster, she was such a beautiful cat! And she also let my kids beat up on her. I'm sure she is in Heaven! You should get a new kitty soon so she and your dog can be friends. I am sorry for your loss, I know my kids would be devastated if Kat Dander were to die.

Malinda S. said...

I wish we had one of Monster's kittys still...She was one cool lookin' cat!

Coby & Ash said...

Hey guys! How are you? It was sooo good to hear from you! Your girls are WAY too cute! I'm sorry to hear about Monster the cat... Keep in touch!