So, I got THE question today from Hannah. I was giving her a shower, and she started asking me if when I was a kid if I wanted to have a baby. I told her that I don't remember ever wanting a baby while I was a kid, but that I always knew I wanted babies when I grew up. Then her next question to me was, "How does Jesus put a baby in your tummy?" It caught me a little off-guard, but then I quickly thought to tell her that Jesus can put a baby in a mommy's tummy because it starts off really small. She asked me if it was like a tiny ball. I had showed her a movie, as well as pictures of a fetus' development when I was pregnant with Isabella, so I guess that's how she knew about it starting as a little ball. Anyway, I was thinking that my answer was pretty good, and starting to feel proud that I was able to answer a question like that without stumbling over my words as to what to say. While I'm sitting there thinking about that, she goes on to ask, "Well, how does Jesus get the baby in you?!" I immediately stopped gloating in my head!! I had no idea what to say!! How do I explain how a baby actually gets in me?! I told her we should talk to Daddy about that. She was satisfied with that 'answer'. I just needed some time to think about how to go about explaining this to her!! I still have no idea! Honestly, I had no idea these questions would come at this early of age!!
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha! Hannah is such a smartie! Good luck with that one! I hope it evades us for a few (lot) more years!
LOL! Love it!
I am glad that I am years from this question. I don't know what to tell you :) I am glad that I have a few years to come up with an answer myself. But she is pretty funny :)
Post a Comment