Hannah has disliked most types of meat for a long time now. I didn't know if she truly didn't like it or if it was just because it was 'meat'. The only thing I could get her to eat was balogne, that is, until one day about a month ago, one of her teachers at school informed her that it was 'meat'. I think they must have been talking about nutrition and what types of food went into the different food groups. Anyway, she has since refused to eat balogne. She has taken a liking to chicken nuggets, but I think she doesn't think it's real meat. I have told her it's fake meat....well, because it really kind of is!! :)
So, last night Mitch was talking to her about Thanksgiving (she's really excited because lots of family is coming to our house). Anyway, she told Mitch that she didn't want to eat any turkey. He asked her why, and she replied, "I don't like to eat animals". It was so straight forward! I think I actually might have a little vegatarian on my hands! I was SO hoping that this was just a (very long) faze that she was going through, but it may be more than that! I certainly hope that she decides one day that she is okay eating meat, and realizes how incredibly delicious it is! I just have no idea where she inherited these crazy genes from, because there's not a single person in either my, nor Mitch's family that doesn't like meat. We'll have to see what happens.....
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I think we have a little vegetarian!
Posted by
Angela
at
10:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That little girl is missing out...she is going to get even thinner. Ang, only think left to do is make meat shakes. Yep, that's right. Blend it up in the blender and throw in a banana. She will never know =P
Malinda, I could puke right now! ewww...!!! Maybe I rubbed off on her?!? haha.... I think that's how I started though, I really loved animals when I was little and hated the idea of eating them- so I think that's where I started and then I just kept getting worse; about everything... but there are lots of other DELICIOUS ways to get the protein.
Post a Comment