So, I take my girls into the dentist today for their regular cleanings and exams. After they took Hannah's x-rays, the dentists asks if I would like to see them. As I'm walking to the room, I'm thinking that he's going to show me a bunch of cavities or something. Well, the good news was that she had no cavities. As I'm looking at the computer, I'm completely confused as to what I'm looking at. I mean, I've seen their x-rays before, but these look so different. He begins to tell me that what I'm looking at are her bottom teeth, and points to her baby teeth, and then says that the bottom ones are her adult teeth, which are close to coming in. WHAT?! I was completely and totally caught off guard! I mean, I was more prepared for cavities! I actually think my response to him was, "what?! She's only four!" I told him she was too young for her baby teeth to be falling out! He said she was a little younger than most, but that it wasn't a bad thing. My eyes started to well up, and I told the dentist that I was going to start crying. At first I think he thought I was kidding, but I'm sure he could see the tears starting! Ha ha ha....it's so funny to write about this, but I felt like I was losing my baby girl right then.
When I got to the car and called Mitch to tell him about this, he couldn't stop laughing. Then Hannah is in the back seat listening, and starts saying, "Mommy, I don't want to lose my teeth"! She is very worried about it now. I probably shouldn't have said anything in front of her. I guess I thought she knew that's what would happen. I remember being very excited for my first tooth to fall out. Ever after explaining to her that it happens to everyone, and that more teeth grow in, she does not want to lose her teeth. Anyway, it ended up being kind of a traumatic experience for both Hannah and myself. I'm very much not ready for my babies to grow up. :'(
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Dentist
Posted by
Angela
at
11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No way! I can't believe you can lose baby teeth at such a young age. I probably would have cried too.
Ang, you crack me up! I agree though; they grow up too fast!
that is such a preggo thing to do! like me crying over commercials!
Lol...I caught myself crying today during the cartoon Disney film "The Incredibles" where the mom and two kids are in the plane and the bad guy shoots missiles at them. I felt so bad that those 'kids' were going to get hurt...stupid hormones.
Post a Comment