Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bella's Acid Reflux

Bella was such a great baby for the first week of her life. Then, she got acid reflux, and she's been crying so much ever since. It became normal for her to cry for 2-3 hours at a time after feedings. I mean, we were trying everything we could, and hoping that the next formula would help, but so far, she's still suffering from it. Some formulas have been worse than others. Some of them make her projectile throw up, some just excessive spit up, but all of them keep her in a lot of pain. We've had her on Enfamil Gentlease for the last week or so, along with Zantac. This has been the best solution so far, although she still has lots of pain. She can hardly sleep because of the acid coming back up. She is able to keep it down, but you can hear it coming up, and then she'll start crying out in pain. I feel so awful for her. There are times I just cry with her because I feel so bad that we can't figure out how to take this pain away.

Today we started her on Similac Alimentum. It's very expensive ($25 for a SMALL can of powder, and $9 for a quart of the pre-mixed...and it has to be used within 48 hours after opening!) but if it works, it's worth it. We're starting her on the pre-mixed form, as it's easier to digest, and we'll go from there. I'm hoping that this works. I just can't see my baby in so much pain anymore.

3 comments:

Cieslak Family said...

Congratulations guys! Little Bella is so cute, you've taken some amazing pictures with her eyes open when she's so new. All of your girls are gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about all of the pain you've been in. I hope it's getting better now and that Bella is doing better with eating too. We can't wait to meet your newest family member someday.
We love you guys!
-Stacie and family

Malinda S. said...

Hope this works. Give me a call if you need to talk! Love you guys!

Bonnie said...

Aww, praying for sweet little Bella. Hope the formula helps. I know you must be tired too!