Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hopeful

Well, today is day 4 for Bella taking the Nexium, and day 2 of starting the Nutramigen A.A. Yesterday she did awesome! She hardly spit up at all...only a few times, and when she did, it was very minimal. She was also happy most of the day!!


This morning she was happy as could be. She was smiling to me and talking a little.

There have been two days in the past 7 weeks that she was calm and happy while being awake. Both of those days I thought that she was getting better....but then the next day she would be back to being super fussy and not happy at all. Yesterday I was happy to see her feeling good, but I also wasn't getting my hopes up too high. Although, being that she was really happy this morning also, I am starting to get hopeful. :)

And, of course, the formula gets more expensive. Hard to believe that it could! This formula is $39 per can (plus shipping), when purchased directly from the manufacturer. She goes through a can in about 5 days. So, this little girl costs around $250 a month to feed....and that's not including the medication. But, whatever helps. All that really matters is that she gets feeling better. I'm happy to pay whatever the cost to have my baby feeling well and happy.

I may have said this before, but this formula has to be ordered through the pharmacy or purchased directly from the manufacturer. I called the pharmacy when we were doing the EleCare to see how much it would cost to get it from them, and they charged $10 more per can!! I'm going to call the pharmacy at Costco tomorrow to see if we can get it cheaper than ordering it from Enfamil.

I don't even know how much the Nexium is going to cost. I'm really hoping we'll have a normal $5 copay on it, rather than some crazy amount like the $85 that the prevacid was. The doctor gave us samples to try first, so we'll see next week.

Oh...also, I called our insurance, and they will not help cover the formula. Let the fight begin.....

0 comments: