I had fed and burped Bella, and then put her in her swing (which we have one that just moves slowly from side to side). I was sitting on the couch, next to the swing, when Bella projectile threw up. I jumped up and grabbed her. She was not breathing, and was looking at me with wide eyes. She kept jerking her little body as to try and be able to breathe. I turned her over so the spit up would come out of her mouth. She still wasn't breathing and was turning purple. My heart was racing. I didn't know what to do. I had just watched a video online a few days ago that taught infant CPR...but was that what I was supposed to do? I couldn't even remember what to do, if it was. I was patting her back and bouncing....anything to get her to breathe. I started crying, and in desperation, was begging her to breathe. Of course she was trying, and it didn't matter that I was telling her to do so...but it was all I could think to do. Then suddenly she coughed. Spit up came out her mouth and nose. I held her to me tightly. I was so relieved. All I could think was how thankful I was that she was breathing, and that I needed to go take a class on infant CPR. How incredibly fragile life is.....
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is so scary! I'm glad little Bella is okay.
Oh no. That is so scary. I'm glad that she was able to spit it back out. But you're right, life is fragile. I'm glad everything turned out okay.
How scary!!! I am so glad that everything is ok. I'm sorry that your having such a rough time with everything right now. I hope that things start getting better. Just hang in there! We are thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best!!
By the way, this is Chantel, not Deb!
Ang! How scary for you! Poor Bella. I really hope she gets feeling better soon. Are you keeping your specialist appointment? Love ya!
Post a Comment