Hannah eating cake for her 2nd birthday
Hannah eating with her two Ellies
Wearing Uncle Channon’s sunglasses in the Cayman Islands
Touching starfish in the Cayman Islands
Posing for the camera!
Just being silly!
Making cookies
Hannah and Dexter
My first-born child is 5 years old, as of June 13th!! I just can’t believe that she is already that old!! It’s always such a bitter-sweet thing for me for my children to get older. I wish time could go slower when it comes to spending time with my girls. I always enjoy their company, and I hope that they always remember their childhoods as a wonderful time of their lives and that they remember the wonderful times we have together as a family.
Anyway, I thought I’d write a few things about Hannah and her personality at this stage of her life.
- Hannah is SO sweet and sympathetic. She has actually always been this way.
- Hannah is an AMAZING big sister. She absolutely was born into our family first for a reason. She is the child that takes charge and is so motherly to her siblings….as well as her friends!
- Hannah is a very helpful daughter. She LOVES to vacuum! How lucky am I?! She gets so excited about doing it, that she’ll clean up an entire room so that it’s spotless, just so that she can vacuum. She is so good at helping with anything that is asked of her.
- Hannah still LOVES her Ellie. She has two of them, and has always been able to tell the difference between them. The one she had first is the one that is her real Ellie. By an unfortunate incident, which I won’t go into now, her nose got ripped open. I took Hannah and Ellie to the store, purchased some perfect matching thread, and sewed her nose closed. Her nickname for this specific Ellie is her ‘Broken-Nose Ellie’. She used to suck her thumb and hold Ellie’s nose when she was little. When she gets upset or frustrated, she’ll go to her room, get Ellie, and smell her nose to calm her down! It sounds so silly, but she actually told me that she does this one day. It really helps to calm her.
- Hannah loves to pose for cameras! She of course has been well-trained, but she is just so natural at it!
- Hannah loves to hike. She has always been good at going hiking without complaining and wanting to be held the whole time.
- Hannah loves the outdoors! It doesn’t matter if it’s 115 degrees outside or if it’s below zero, she’s happy to be outside enjoying all the outdoors has to offer.
- Hannah loves all animals!
- Hannah LOVES, LOVES anything that is SWEET!! She is the sugar queen of our house!
- Hannah is so silly!! She has always been very silly….and she still is!!
I feel so lucky to have such an amazing daughter. She is all these things and so much more, and I just love her SO much!!
3 comments:
Ahhh! I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten! What a sweet, beautiful daughter you have! Happy Birthday Hannah!
Sorry we missed your birthday Hannah! We love you! Ellie is waiting patiently for you at our house. We will keep it safe!
Wow, I can't believe how fast the past 5 years have gone. In my mind she's still the cute little toddler getting into the cabinets. Happy Birthday Hannah Bug!
Post a Comment