I always try to schedule shoots during times that Mitch will be home, so of course we can save money by not having to pay a babysitter. And, being that the best time of day to do pictures is about an hour or so before sunset, I'm gone in the evening when it's time for the girls to eat dinner and go to bed.
Anyway, last night, I had a shoot out at Nelson (which is an hour drive, one-way). I got home at around 8:15, and the girls were just going to bed. Of course when they heard me come in, they come running downstairs for kisses. That's A-OK with me! :)
Mitch had done a wonderful job of shampooing the carpets downstairs. I was exhausted (it was 108 degrees yesterday...which made me so tired to work in; and I also wasn't feeling good all day) and plopped down on the couch, while asking what was for dinner. Mitch replied with a, "what do you want?" I asked what he and the girls ate, and I got, "popcorn" for my answer. I was suddenly worried that the girls were going to bed hungry! I mean, popcorn?! I certainly don't feel full after eating popcorn. When I shared my concern with Mitch, he told me that they also ate cherries and other things. So, I figured that if they were hungry, they would have told us (as they seem to ALWAYS be telling me how hungry they are...even when they just finished eating 10 minutes before). Mitch was so sweet and made me some pasta for dinner. It was delicious.
Anyway.....so, today I was sitting on the floor in front of the drier, folding clothes. Hannah had just gotten out of the shower and gotten dressed. She came to me, posing, and said, 'am I so beautiful?" (She always asks me that when she's put on her play makeup or chapstick). I told her that she is always beautiful. She then said to me, "I ate ice cream in the front room last night". After a second, I realized what the 'other things' that Mitch fed the girls for dinner was. I asked Hannah, 'did Daddy give you ice cream for dinner last night?' She nodded with a big smile on her face. I asked if she also had popcorn, and she confirmed. I leaned forward to look down the stairs to ask Mitch about this. He had the GUILTIEST look on his face!! I couldn't even ask! I started laughing so hard! When I finally was able to compose myself, I asked, and he told me that it was supposed to be a secret, and that Hannah promised 3 TIMES that she wouldn't tell me. Oh my gosh!.......that's all I have to say about that!!!
Sunday, June 06, 2010
You had WHAT for dinner?!
Posted by
Angela
at
4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha HA HA ha HA!!
hahahaha! That made me laugh =)
Did you get my text? Can't wait to see you guys Sat!
LOL! Typical Dad if I may say so! Thanks for the similac checks!
Post a Comment