Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hannah's 1st and 2nd Days of School

Monday....

Well, Hannah had her official first day of school on Monday. (Friday was an orientation for her to meet her teachers and for them to educate the parents as to how everything works). Monday she went all by herself. They do a car line there, so the teachers come and take the kids from the cars. VERY NICE for those of us who have more than the one child! Anyway, they came and got her from the car, and I started to cry after she was being taken into the school. I completely did not think I was going to cry...but I did. I just couldn't believe that my little girl is big enough to go to school all by herself. I'm just so proud of her. She is such a good girl and I know she is going to love her school.

Wednesday...


So, I did better today with dropping Hannah off. She is always so excited to go to school. Normally when we are rushing out of the house, I am trying to get her to hurry, and she seems to go slower. I get so frustrated!! Anyway, today the girls were in the tub and I told Hannah to try and hurry with cleaning up her toys and of course, her response is, "why?". (As of about two weeks ago Hannah asks "why" for everything I say to her...literally everything). Anyway, so she I replied to her, "because we need to get going so we can be on time for school". She got this huge smile on her face and said, "SCHOOL?! Oh, hurry to go to school!". Anyway, she loves it there. Hopefully that doesn't change!

When I picked her up from school one of her teachers asked if I make her go potty before I bring her to school. I told her no, that she goes whenever she needs to, but I don't make sure to take her before bringing her to school. I asked if I should. She said no, not necessarily, but that they have all the kids go to the bathroom right when they get there to minimize accidents, and that Hannah wouldn't even go in the bathroom to try. I told her that she won't go to just try to go to the bathroom and that she will ask to go when she needs to. The teacher said that she needs to listen to them and asked that I would talk to her. I just said okay, as there was a line of cars behind me. I'm not sure if I should call and talk to the teachers or what, but Hannah has been completely potty trained for well over a year now and she doesn't have accidents. She doesn't even try to go potty before bed. If she needs to go, then she will, but if she doesn't need to then she doesn't go and try. I don't know, maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this in my head than it needs to be, but I'm having a little bit of a hard time with other people telling me how to deal with my child....when there's not really an issue to be dealt with. Anyway, I'll just talk to Hannah, as I know she needs to listen to them. I just think if she doesn't need to go potty then why make her go sit on the toilet?! Whatever, I guess.

0 comments: