
Well, we did it! We have been debating for a long time whether or not to put Hannah in preschool. After a lot of research, trying to find one that will really teach her, we decided on putting her in The Challenger School. We were very impressed with the curriculum and the overall SAT scores that the school has (click here to see the overall scores). Hannah is such a bright little girl who I know can learn so fast...but I'm just not teacher material. I am just not organized/structured enough to get her to learn anything. Every time I have tried teaching her, she decides she wants to play with her toys. So, we decided it would be a good investment to put her in school.
By the time she is finished with her first year of 3 year old preschool, she will be able to recognize and write all the letters of the alphabet and all the numbers from 1 to 100. She will be able to read 1 and 2 vowel words and books. They are very big into public speaking so at the early age of 3, they start having them do different types of shows for the parents to get them used to being in front of an audience.
Anyway, she will be going to school three days a week. She is SO excited about it. On the car ride over to the school today, she said, "Mommy, I'm SOOOO excited!" I thought that was so cute! She couldn't pronounce excited very well, which made it even cuter. She also told me she didn't want me to go to school with her. It was an orientation day, so I had to go and learn how everything works, so I had to be there today, but I told her that next week she would start going all by herself.
And, if you can believe it or not, I forgot my camera home! I was halfway there when I remembered, and I didn't have time to go back for it. I took a picture of Hannah with her teacher with my phone, but I don't know where the cord is to plug it into the computer. So, when I can find it, I'll post a picture of her on here.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Hannah's First Day of School!!
Posted by
Angela
at
4:33 PM
Labels: first day of school, Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was so good talking to you! Sorry it's been so long! I am excited for Hannah. She is such a bright and beautiful girl. She will do great in school!
How exciting!! That sounds like an awesome preschool. I wish there was something like that close to me.
you've just been tagged, just go to my blog and copy and paste the questions to your blog with your own answers!
I can't believe Hannah is old enough to go to school. That is awesome. She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment