Friday
Well, I had a somewhat humbling experience...at least for a few minutes. :) So, I drop Hannah off at school today, and her teacher, Miss Leanne, comes and opens the door to the car. Hannah starts crying and climbs into the front seat, all the while, saying, "I don't want to go potty". I told Miss Leanne that the other teacher told me on Friday that she wasn't going to the bathroom right when she got there like she was supposed to and that I was supposed to talk to her. I told her that I did and now she doesn't even want to go to school and is completely terrified of going potty there. Miss Leanne told Hannah that she didn't have to go right then but that she needs to ask to go potty whenever she needed to go. Hannah calmed down and went with Miss Leanne.
When I picked Hannah up from school, the other teacher (I can't think of her name right now) brings her to the car and said, "We let Hannah do what she wanted today with the potty thing and she went potty on our rug". I said, "Oh my gosh! I can't believe she did that! She's never even had an accident at home!". She said, "We'll keep working with her, but you need to talk to her about it. She needs to go when she gets here". I said, "I did talk to her. That's why she had such a hard time coming to school today. She was so scared to get out of the car because she didn't want to go potty".
Anyway, I was humbled at first because I was thinking that I was completely wrong and should have just listened and not felt so bothered about it. But then the more I thought about it, the more I still think I was right. I think that they have made such a big deal out of this potty thing that she is now having a very difficult time with it. I almost started crying when I got home and was talking to Mindy about it. I just don't know what to do. I talked to Hannah again and she agreed that she would start going potty when she is supposed to, but I'm so worried this will happen again. Not only that, I am very bothered by the way this teacher talks to me. It's like she has this better-than-you tone to her voice and she is so unfriendly. I don't like her at all and I wonder how she's treating my daughter when I'm not there. Hannah hasn't said anything about not liking this teacher, but I really don't like her. I actually thought today of seeing if I could change her class, but I don't want to start causing "trouble" already. I guess we'll just stick it out and see how it goes. By the way...I'm really impressed with what Hannah is learning and how excited she is to learn. I do feel that educationally the are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
Friday, August 29, 2008
School Days....
Posted by
Angela
at
4:27 PM
Labels: potty issues, schoool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry about the whole potty thing. Sounds like the teachers don't want to make any "special" effort to take a kid out when they need to go. Just force them all to go at the same time...makes it easier right!? What a joke! Poor Hannah. I remember when Macen's daycare forced him to go at a specific time with all the rest of the kids. It got so bad that Mace developed a fear of public bathrooms...ALL public bathrooms. Hope it doesn't go that far. I am sure it won't. Good luck! Hannah is such a smart, sweet girl, I'm sure it won't be an issue.
I think you should talk to the teacher. I think you should have a meeting with her, give yourself the upperhand that you should have as a parent. You set the boundaries for her, and not the other way around. Tell her the appropriate and respectful ways that she can communicate with you and Hannah from now on. Very rude! Although potty issues arise out of no where! Kids do funny things some times.
I'm so nervous to put Landon in school.... I don't know what to do with him yet.
Post a Comment